Friday, October 26, 2007

Dreams

So, in search of some kind of contact with Apollo I have sought out dreams as a way to let him in. As I lay myself down to sleep, I ask that he join me in my dreams, and he seems to do so, or at least that's how I am choosing to see it now.

So, I woke up yesterday and I had just had this dream, but as so often is the case with dreams, you remember it only then, as you wake, only to have it slip away. But then, as I made my way to work, it hit me again, the dream. It was really rather odd. I was in this situation, fully aware of it, immersed in it, and it went like this.

I was part of a commune, living in a shared home with, and this is the strange part, the elder witches from the movie Practical Magic. Now, I have to tell you, I have seen and did very much enjoy that movie, but it is not a movie I have seen many times, nor is it a personal favorite the way American Beauty or Children of Men is.

But the dream was not about these women, they were just part of the reality I was immersed in, and the dream, short as it was, was me standing with these elder witches looking at the big yard of our communal house and at the edge of the yard were a large trees. I said to the elder witches, and to Stockard Channing in particular, that what I wanted to do, my dream for the property, was to plant trees and turn it into a small forest and build into it small paths that lead to a shrine to the Gods.

She admonishes me, with a look of pity on her face, that I should be careful and respect the "slope of the land."

I'll be damned if I know what that means...

No comments: