Sunday, December 18, 2011

Heliogenna Day Two - To The Olympian Gods

I light this flame in your honor, blessed Hestia
In your name do I call to them
In your name do I pray

To you, blessed Zeus, I say thank you
For the torrents of rain
For the crazed power of manhood
And the restraint of a king
I thank you, o bright and highest
I thank you, o lord of the heavenes

To you, blessed Hera, I say thank you
For the tug of heart strings
For the loyalty of woman
And the nobility of a queen
I thank you, o lady divine
I thank you, o queen of heaven

To you, blessed Poseidon, I say thank you
For the beauty of the sea
For the shaking of my expectations
And the strength of an uncle
I thank you, o fluid one
I thank you, o lord of the mighty oceans

 

To you, blessed Athena, I say thank you
For the certitude of knowledge
For the force that is wisdom
And the safety of your shield
I thank you, o grey one
I thank you, o lady of battles

To you, blessed Apollo, I say thank you
For the sweetness of enlightenment
For guiding me when I am lost
And the skills of healers
I thank you, o celestial lord
I thank you, o lord of prophecy

To you, blessed Artemis, I say thank you
For the purity of thought
For your clarity of purpose
And the innocent heart of the virgin
I thank you, o wild one
I thank you, o lady of the mountains

To you, blessed Ares, I say thank you
For the ferocity of your will
For your blessed protection
And your heroic spirit
I thank you, o fierce one
I thank you, o god of soldiers

To you, blessed Aphrodite, I say thank you
For the body's sensual delights
For your gentle hand and firm commands
And the feelings you inspire
I thank you, o terrible one
I thank you, o lady of passions

To you, blessed Hephaestus, I say thank you
For the molding of beauty from ugliness
For your inspiration
And the hard work that makes it real
I thank you, o tired one
I thank you, o lord of the mastered fires

To you, blessed Demeter, I say thank you
For the fruits of nature's bounty
For the grain that makes our daily bread
And the knowledge that makes it possible
I thank you, o golden haired one
I thank you, lady of the plowed fields

To you, blessed Hermes, I say thank you
For the exuberance of youthful men
For the desire to see new things
And the boundaries that make us human
I thank you, o swift footed one
I thank you, o lord of the well worn paths

To you, blessed Hestia, I say thank you
For your steadfast protection
For the spirit of home
And the unending fires that warm us
I thank you, o pure one
I thank you, o lady of the home fires

 

No comments: