Saturday, December 24, 2011

Heliogenna Day Seven - Sunrise - To Hyperion, Eros, and Hekate

Day Seven of Heliogenna begins the third segment of the festival, with dedications to Hyperion, the Titan father of Helios, Eos, and Selene. To Eros, the primordial God of attractions, love, and especially male eroiticism. And to Hekate, walker of the secret pathways between the dark and the light.


The Sunrise segment is celebratory rather than commemorative in nature, looking forward rather than back.

To Hyperion, Eros, and Hekate

Along the sacred way, I come upon a crossroads

A fork in the dirt path.

There stands a herm, and at its base offerings


Offerings of sweets

Offerings of bread

Offerings of milk and honey poured into the earth

 

Do I walk left?

To the darker realm of memory?


Do I walk right?

To the lighter path of the future?


To the left I see echoes of times gone by

Where Hyperion shone upon the land

And Eros held sway


It is a time long ago, before the war of heaven

And the fall of the mighty Titans


I hear songs too

Praising the shining lord who saw all things

And the tender embraces of boys in bushes


To the right I see change ever moving

Where Eros holds sway with Aphrodite

And the son of Hyperion shines bright in the heavens


It is a time not too far from now

Where Olympian Gods rule heaven and earth


To Hyperion, once lord of the sun

I leave golden mead

Tasting of honey and colored like his radiant hair


To Eros, who pulls us together

I leave rosy wine

Tasting of grapes and pink like the blush of a lover


And to Hekate, who walks the unknown paths

I leave the picture of a love lost

With the my hopes and dreams for a future


Off to the right I walk

With the memories of Hyperion behind me

The joy that is Eros ever with me

And torch bearing Hekate lighting the way ahead.

 

No comments: