Friday, February 12, 2010

So...

So, since I have moved into this phase in which I am making realizations about what my life needs rather than just what my life is, and since Hermes seems to be the Patron of this part of my life, at least in so much as my own focus is now on him, where am I willing to let Hermes take me?

It is one thing to realize that you need something, want something, yearn for something, it is another to actually open yourself up to all the dangers involved in getting those things, even if you actually figure out what they are. If I find that what I need is to start dating more seriously, maybe establish myself in a new relationship, how open am I willing to be to being hurt gain? If I decide what my life really needs is a move to a new city, how willing am I to leave this city behind, dull as it is, with all the people I have come to know and really like here? If what I need is to make physical changes, how much of my will power am I willing to grant to the effort, and are any of these things really going to help me with my inner self?

I don’t know.

What is interesting is that Hermes, as a force that moves, that forces movement, that causes us to stumble that we might learn, doesn’t care one way or the other. There are paths, and Hermes walks them all, and as a result, should I? Walk all the paths of opportunity that come my way, even if I know they might not be good for me so that I can hopefully find myself at a better place, a new plateau, in the future?

No comments: