Thursday, October 29, 2009

Closing my time with Aphrodite.

I am approaching the close to my time with Aphrodite, and as I do so I want to take a few days to think about some of the things I have learned from here in the last few months. These little blog posts are meant to force me to think about my life, to see how I can allow myself to be changed and made better through the influence of the Gods.

But before I get to writing my final few entries on my time with Aphrodite, I would like to take a moment to explain again what it is I am doing.

The star diagram here is how I have seen the image of the Gods during meditation, each standing at a point, with Hestia replicated a second time at the center. I started at 12 O’Clock and then followed the lines of the star to the right wherever they lead. So, starting with Hestia I moved to Apollo, then to Hera, then to Poseidon, and now to Aphrodite. This means, of course, that I now move forward to Hermes, a God I am not sure I am ready for, but that too is part of the process.

I take time, meditating, writing about them, thinking about them, and trying to fix their images, their aspects, their attributes into my mind as a way to formulate new thoughts concepts and ideas about myself and the way I relate to the world around me. I really do reccomend this kind of thing to anyone who feels they need to make changes in their life. It is working for me, and I am hoping by the time I am done, who knows when, I will look back at when I started and be amazed at how much I have changed.

No comments: